NB2024


nectarine-nb2024 700x467 20130708 1870235533
 

Maturity Disclaimer

McGrath Nurseries Ltd have used their best endeavours to ensure this chart is accurate, however, it should be used as a guide only.

We do not accept any responsibility for harm, loss or damage caused or resulting from your use or reliance on any of the information contained in this chart in the event that any of that information is inaccurate or incomplete. Maturity information on some new varieties has been based totally on overseas data, not local experience and therefore may not be accurate.

We recommend that you obtain independent advice before you make any decisions in reliance on this chart and rely on your own inquiries in relation to any district performance relative to the standard timings indicated.

NewZealand-Haistings

Maturity based on Hastings

The Maturity Chart is a general guide for each variety of Nectarine. The dates are based on Commercial Harvesting dates in Hastings. If you are planting in a different district, please adjust these dates as below: 

  • Alexandra, Central Otago +21 days
  • Marlborough +3-4 days
  • Havelock +2 days
  • Twyford -7 days
  • BOP/Waikato +2-5 days
NOTE: We recommend that you obtain independent advice before you make any decisions in reliance on this chart... See our Maturity Disclaimer


icon-nectarine NB 2024

A white fleshed nectarine with exellent flavour.

  Origin: Escande Nurseries in France
  Parentage: Unknown
  Synonym/Breeder Ref#: NA
  Protection & Royalties:

TA Test Agreement Required.  Test fee payable

(Note: This is not an offer for sale of trees, only the right to test the selection. Trees may remain the property of the breeder/owner.)

  Exclusivity: icon-green Available only from and exclusively licensed to McGrath Nurseries Ltd in New Zealand

Fruit

External

  Maturity: Redhaven +10-14 days
  Fruit Size: Small 
  Fruit Shape:

Nectarine - Rounded

  Skin Colour: Full shiny deep red on 75% of the surface, with a cream background on the remaining 25% of the skin.  Some sugar speckling.

Internal

  Flesh Colour: White fleshed
  Flesh Texture:

Fine with some slight stringiness

  Flavour:

Excellent old-fashioned flavour similar to Snow Queen.  Very good sugar to Acid balance.  Sugar (15,1)/(17,9)

  Stone:

Big;Free 

Tree

  Cropping: Appears excellent in the South Island and light cropping in the North Island.  Higher chill variety.
  Blossom: Mid season pink bloom.  The flower is very fertile.  Can be medium in terms of flower production; Colour and showy or non-showy
  Pollination: Self fertile
  Vigour: Vigorous; sgrong growing 
  Tree Habit/Form: Spreading and upright 

Notes

 

NB 2024 is a very attractive fruit with excellent flavour ripening at a time when there are no other domestic white fleshed, acid nectarines.  This variety eats better than Snow Queen.  Smaller fruit size.

 

Shapes of Nectarine Key

peach-nectarine-Oblong
Oblong
peach-nectarine-Ovate
Ovate
peach-nectarine-Rounded
Rounded
peach-nectarine-Slightly-Flat
Slightly
Flat
peach-nectarine-Asymmetric
Asymmetric
peach-nectarine-Symmetric
Symmetric
peach-nectarine-Platycarpic
Platycarpic
 
© Copyright McGrath Nurseries Limited 2013
 

McGrath Nurseries Ltd
Specialist Fruit Tree Nurserymen and Intellectual Property Managers

Physical Address:
3/1628 Cambridge Rd,
SH 1, Cambridge,
New Zealand

Mailing Address:
3/1628 Cambridge Rd,
RD3 Hamilton 3283,
New Zealand

P: +64 7 827 8281
F: +64 7 827 7773
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.">This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
www.mcgrathnurseries.co.nz

Placeholder 220-x164A large, white-fleshed nectarine

Placeholder 220-x164
 

Maturity Disclaimer

McGrath Nurseries Ltd have used their best endeavours to ensure this chart is accurate, however, it should be used as a guide only.

We do not accept any responsibility for harm, loss or damage caused or resulting from your use or reliance on any of the information contained in this chart in the event that any of that information is inaccurate or incomplete. Maturity information on some new varieties has been based totally on overseas data, not local experience and therefore may not be accurate.

We recommend that you obtain independent advice before you make any decisions in reliance on this chart and rely on your own inquiries in relation to any district performance relative to the standard timings indicated.

NewZealand-Haistings

Maturity based on Hastings

The Maturity Chart is a general guide for each variety of Nectarine. The dates are based on Commercial Harvesting dates in Hastings. If you are planting in a different district, please adjust these dates as below: 

  • Alexandra, Central Otago +21 days
  • Marlborough +3-4 days
  • Havelock +2 days
  • Twyford -7 days
  • BOP/Waikato +2-5 days
NOTE: We recommend that you obtain independent advice before you make any decisions in reliance on this chart... See our Maturity Disclaimer


icon-nectarine NB 2024 

A large, white-fleshed nectarine

  Origin: Escande Nurseries in France
  Parentage: Undisclosed
  Synonym/Breeder Ref#: NA
  Protection & Royalties:

TA Test Agreement Required.  Test fee payable

(Note: This is not an offer for sale of trees, only the right to test the selection. Trees may remain the property of the breeder/owner.)

  Exclusivity: icon-green Available only from and exclusively licensed to McGrath Nurseries Ltd in New Zealand

Fruit

External

  Maturity: January 14 to 24, 10 days after Queen Giant
  Fruit Size: Small, average fruit weight 140 to 180 grams 
  Fruit Shape:

Nectarine - Rounded

  Skin Colour: Full shiny deep red on 75% of the surface, with a cream background on the remaining 25% of the skin.  Some sugar speckling.

Internal

  Flesh Colour: White fleshed
  Flesh Texture:

Fine 

  Flavour:

Excellent old-fashioned flavour similar to Snow Queen.  Very good sugar to acid balance.  Sugar (15,1)/(17,9)

  Stone:

Big, Freestone

Tree

  Cropping: Appears excellent in the South Island and light cropping in the North Island.  Higher chill variety.
  Blossom: Mid season bloom.  The flower is very fertile.  Can be medium in terms of flower production.
  Pollination: Self Fertile
  Vigour: Vigorous, strong growing 
  Tree Habit/Form: Spreading and upright 

Notes

 

NB2024 is a very attractive fruit with excellent flavour ripening at a time when there are no other domestic white fleshed, acid nectarines. 
This variety eats better than Snow Queen.

 

Shapes of Nectarine Key

peach-nectarine-Oblong
Oblong
peach-nectarine-Ovate
Ovate
peach-nectarine-Rounded
Rounded
peach-nectarine-Slightly-Flat
Slightly
Flat
peach-nectarine-Asymmetric
Asymmetric
peach-nectarine-Symmetric
Symmetric
peach-nectarine-Platycarpic
Platycarpic
 
© Copyright McGrath Nurseries Limited 2013
 

McGrath Nurseries Ltd
Specialist Fruit Tree Nurserymen and Intellectual Property Managers

Physical Address:
3/1628 Cambridge Rd,
SH 1, Cambridge,
New Zealand

Mailing Address:
3/1628 Cambridge Rd,
RD3 Hamilton 3283,
New Zealand

P: +64 7 827 8281
F: +64 7 827 7773
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.">This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
www.mcgrathnurseries.co.nz

We are currently working on this variety sheet and thank you for your patience. In the meantime, please contact us for information on this specific variety.
OrderForm-Banner

MATURITY CHARTS:  Apple  |  Apricot  |  Cherry  |  Nectarine  |  Peach  |  Plum  |  Pear 

FRUIT VARIETIES:  Apple  |  Apricot|  Cherry  |  Nectarine  |  Peach  |  Plum |  Pear